Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chocolate Cake


All i wanted was to bake a sponge cake to eat but i ended up with......
......
....
...
..
.
..
.

My first ever cake that is covered up by chocolate ganche.
Well its actually my first ever cake that is being decorated. Otherwise i only have cakes that are just bake and eat with no cream or any other sorts.
Well this cake was just an accident i would say. It all started out with me buying a brand of whipping cream that tasted weird to me. Not that it has turn bad or what but I could just taste something weird about it despite my family saying it taste fine. Maybe its juz me...
So well since i had baked a basic sponge cake already and i had whip cream that i might never ever use again and with a whole lot of choc on hand, I decided to make chocolate ganche out of no where. It juz came to me.
This is to try out if i could cover the whip cream weird taste by using lots of choc and eat it with my fav sponge cake. And the results I love it. the weird taste is all gone and i have a good tasting chocolate ganche. By puting the ganche and cake together......
I get a good tasting combination.
Well since it was just for experiment, I cut a piece of cake and spread the ganche all over for tasting. I love it. I was really happy since i had many failure before. Its either the cream din taste good or the cake was a problem. well i dun really have a good oven for baking due to the heat not being able to generate proper for even cooking. Any Sponsers?????
Well overall my mum like it and my dad ate a slice too after taking a look at it. Haha Knowing my dad is not into my baking end product, its good to see him eating a piece cause even when i offer it to him, its either something he dun like (which is usually the case) or it just do not look tempting enough for him to try a small bite.
Lastly my 2 brothers, it was ok for them. Both of them have really diff taste bud than me. Most of my bakes when i say its terrible, they love it and when i say its good, to them its just ok.
Well when it comes to food its hard to please everyone.
*HAPPY* \(' ')/
Another step forward to better baking end product..
and to learn how to take better pictures. Well using a cam phone it just not as gd as a cam.

No comments: